- Webster K.E.
- Feller J.A.
- Ardern C.L.
- Taylor N.F.
- Feller J.A.
- Webster K.E.
Definition of RTS tests
- Kotsifaki A.
- Whiteley R.
- Van Rossom S.
- et al.
Movement Quality Assessment
- Read P.J.
- Michael Auliffe S.
- Wilson M.G.
- Graham-Smith P.
- Ardern C.L.
- Taylor N.F.
- Feller J.A.
- Whitehead T.S.
- Webster K.E.
Timing of RTS testing?
How Many Tests Need to Be Included?
What Are the Consequences of the RTS Testing?
- ICMJE author disclosure forms
- Beliefs and attitudes of members of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons regarding the treatment of anterior cruciate ligament injury.Arthroscopy. 2003; 19: 762-770
- Expectations for return to preinjury sport before and after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.Am J Sports Med. 2019; 47: 578-583https://doi.org/10.1177/0363546518819454
- Fifty-five per cent return to competitive sport following anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction surgery: An updated systematic review and meta-analysis including aspects of physical functioning and contextual factors.Br J Sport Med. 2014; 48: 1543-1552
- Incidence of second ACL injuries 2 years after primary ACL reconstruction and return to sport.Am J Sports Med. 2014; 42: 1567-1573
- Younger patients are at increased risk for graft rupture and contralateral injury after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.Am J Sport Med. 2014; 42: 641-647
- Exploring the high reinjury rate in younger patients undergoing anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.Am J Sport Med. 2016; 44: 2827-2832
- Anterior cruciate ligament injuries in Australian rules football: Incidence, prevention and return to play outcomes.Open Access J Sport Med. 2021; 12: 33-41
- Optimization of the return-to-sport paradigm after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: A critical step back to move forward.Sport Med. 2017; 47: 1487-1500
- What is the evidence for and validity of return-to-sport testing after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction surgery? A systematic review and meta-analysis.Sport Med. 2019; 49: 917-929
- Passing return to sports tests after ACL reconstruction is associated with greater likelihood for return to sport but fail to identify second injury risk.Knee. 2020; 27: 949-957
- Evidence-based clinical practice update: Practice guidelines for anterior cruciate ligament rehabilitation based on a systematic review and multidisciplinary consensus.Br J Sport Med. 2016; 50: 1506-1515
- Psychological, social and contextual factors across recovery stages following a sport-related knee injury: A scoping review.Br J Sports Med. 2020; 54: 1149-1156
- Rehabilitation practice patterns following anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: A survey of physical therapists.J Orthop Sport Phys Ther. 2018; 48: 801-811
- Using 4+ to grade near-normal muscle strength does not improve agreement.Chiropr Man Ther. 2017; 25: 1-9
- Knee stability and movement coordination impairments: Knee ligament sprain.J Orthop Sport Phys Ther. 2010; 40: A1-A37
- The intra- and inter-rater reliabilities of lower extremity muscle strength assessment of healthy adults using a hand held dynamometer.J Phys Ther Sci. 2015; 27: 1799-1801
- Hop tests can result in higher limb symmetry index values than isokinetic strength and leg press tests in patients following ACL reconstruction.Knee Surgery, Sport Traumatol Arthrosc. 2020; 28: 816-822
- Consensus criteria for defining “successful outcome” after ACL injury and reconstruction: A Delaware-Oslo ACL cohort investigation.Br J Sport Med. 2015; 49: 335-342
- Muscle strength and hop performance criteria prior to return to sports after ACL reconstruction.Knee Surgery, Sport Traumatol Arthrosc. 2011; 19: 1798-1805
- Variability in leg muscle power and hop performance after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.Knee Surgery, Sport Traumatol Arthrosc. 2012; 20: 1143-1151
- Muscle strength and functional performance is markedly impaired at the recommended time point for sport return after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction in recreational athletes.Hum Mov Sci. 2015; 39: 73-87
- Neuromuscular function of the knee joint following knee injuries: Does it ever get back to normal? A systematic review with meta-analyses.Sport Med. 2021; 51: 321-338
- Strength, rate of force development, power and reactive strength in adult male athletic populations post anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction—A systematic review and meta-analysis.Phys Ther Sport. 2021; 47: 91-104
- Knee stability and movement coordination impairments: Knee ligament sprain revision 2017.J Orthop Sport Phys Ther. 2017; 47: A1-A47
- A critical analysis of limb symmetry indices of hop tests in athletes after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: A case control study.Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2017; 103: 947-951
- Single leg hop for distance symmetry masks lower limb biomechanics: Time to discuss hop distance as decision criterion for return to sport after ACL reconstruction? [published online March 9, 2021]. Br J Sports Med.
- Limb symmetry index on a functional test battery improves between one and five years after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction, primarily due to worsening contralateral limb function.Phys Ther Sport. 2020; 44: 67-74
- Limb symmetry indexes can overestimate knee function after anterior cruciate ligament injury.J Orthop Sport Phys Ther. 2017; : 1-18
- Measuring only hop distance during single leg hop testing is insufficient to detect deficits in knee function after ACL reconstruction: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Br J Sports Med. 2020; 54: 139-153
- Test–retest reliability and discriminative ability of forward, medial and rotational single-leg hop tests.Knee. 2019; 26: 978-987
- Altered movement during single leg hop test after ACL reconstruction: Implications to incorporate 2-D video movement analysis for hop tests.Knee Surg Sport Traumatol Arthrosc. 2018; 26: 3012-3019
- Lower limb kinetic asymmetries in professional soccer players with and without anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: Nine months is not enough time to restore “functional” symmetry or return to performance.Am J Sports Med. 2020; 48: 1365-1373
- Patellar and hamstring autografts are associated with different jump task loading asymmetries after ACL reconstruction.Scand J Med Sci Sport. 2019; 29: 1212-1222
- Biomechanical but not strength or performance measures differentiate male athletes who experience ACL reinjury on return to level 1 sports.Am J Sports Med. 2021; 49: 918-927
- Sports participation 2 years after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction in athletes who had not returned to sport at 1 year: A prospective follow-up of physical function and psychological factors in 122 athletes.Am J Sport Med. 2015; 43: 848-856
- Psychological responses matter in returning to preinjury level of sport after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction surgery.Am J Sport Med. 2013; 41: 1549-1558
- How much do psychological factors affect lack of return to play after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction? A systematic review.Orthop J Sport Med. 2019; 7: 1-7
- Feedback techniques to target functional deficits following anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: Implications for motor control and reduction of second injury risk.Sport Med. 2013; 43: 1065-1074
- Principles of motor learning to support neuroplasticity after ACL injury: Implications for optimizing performance and reducing risk of second ACL injury.Sport Med. 2019; 49: 853-865
- Return to sport composite test after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction (K-STARTS): Factors affecting return to sport test score in a retrospective analysis of 676 patients.Sport Health. 2021; 13: 364-372
- Patient characteristics and predictors of return to sport at 12 months after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: The importance of patient age and postoperative rehabilitation.Orthop J Sport Med. 2018; 6 (232596711879757)
- Compliance in post-operative rehabilitation is a key factor for return to sport after revision anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.Knee Surg Sport Traumatol Arthrosc. 2020; 28: 463-469
- Simple decision rules can reduce reinjury risk by 84% after ACL reconstruction: The Delaware-Oslo ACL cohort study.Br J Sports Med. 2016; 50: 804-808
- Activity and functional readiness, not age, are the critical factors for second anterior cruciate ligament injury—The Delaware-Oslo ACL cohort study.Br J Sports Med. 2020; 54: 1099-1102
- Risk factors and predictors of subsequent ACL injury in either knee after ACL reconstruction.Am J Sports Med. 2015; 43: 1583-1590
- Young athletes after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction cleared for sports participation: How many actually meet recommended return-to-sport criteria cutoffs?.J Orthop Sport Phys Ther. 2017; 47: 1-27
- Systematic selection of key logistic regression variables for risk prediction analyses: A five-factor maximum model.Clin J Sport Med. 2019; 29: 78-85
- Current perspectives of Australian therapists on rehabilitation and return to sport after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: A survey.Phys Ther Sport. 2019; 35: 139-145
- Rehabilitation strategies of Flemish physical therapists before and after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: An online survey.Phys Ther Sport. 2021; 49: 68-76
The authors report that they have no conflicts of interest in the authorship and publication of this article. Full ICMJE author disclosure forms are available for this article online, as supplementary material.
User LicenseCreative Commons Attribution – NonCommercial – NoDerivs (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) |
For non-commercial purposes:
- Read, print & download
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article (private use only, not for distribution)
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
- Distribute translations or adaptations of the article
Elsevier's open access license policy